Gummy candy is a popular treat loved by people of all ages. They come in various shapes, flavors, and sizes and can be easily purchased from any store. However, making gummy candy at home can be a fun and rewarding experience. Not only can you control the ingredients and flavors, but you can also personalize the gummies to your liking. In this post, we will discuss how to make gummy candy at home step by step.
- Gelatin powder
- Sweetener of your choice (sugar, honey, agave syrup)
- Flavor of your choice (juice, puree, extract)
- Molds or a 8×8 inch baking pan
- Cooking spray or oil
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk or spatula
- Combine the gelatin powder and sweetener In a saucepan, mix together the desired amount of gelatin powder and sweetener. Use a 1:1 ratio of gelatin to sweetener. For example, if you use 1 cup of gelatin, use 1 cup of sweetener.
- Add flavor Add the desired amount of flavor to the saucepan. Fruit juice, puree, or extract can be used. The ratio of flavor to the mixture should be 2:1, so if you use 1 cup of the gelatin-sweetener mixture, add 2 cups of flavor.
- Heat the mixture Heat the mixture over low heat, continuously stirring until the gelatin and sweetener have completely dissolved. This should take about 5-10 minutes. Do not boil the mixture as it will cause the gelatin to break down and the gummies will not set properly.
- Pour into molds or pan Once the mixture has dissolved, pour it into the molds or an 8×8 inch baking pan. If using a baking pan, let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting into desired shapes with a knife or cookie cutters.
- Refrigerate Place the molds or pan in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until the gummies have set.
- Enjoy! Once the gummies have set, remove them from the molds or cut them from the pan. Store the gummies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Conclusion Making gummy candy at home is a fun and simple process. With just a few ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can create a tasty treat that is sure to impress. Experiment with different flavors and sweeteners to find your favorite combination. Happy gummy making!