Introduction: Pecan candy is a classic Southern treat that is simple and quick to make. With its rich, buttery flavor and crunchy texture, it is the perfect sweet snack to enjoy with a cup of coffee or to give as a thoughtful gift. In this blog post, we will show you how to make pecan candy in just a few easy steps.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the Pecans Start by toasting the pecans in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes, until they are fragrant and slightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine the Ingredients In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the Pecans Stir in the pecans, making sure they are evenly coated with the syrup mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage (235°F-240°F). This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour and Cool Immediately pour the mixture onto a well-greased cookie sheet and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Using a buttered spatula, spread the mixture into a thin, even layer. Let the pecan candy cool completely before breaking it into pieces.
- Enjoy! Your pecan candy is now ready to enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Conclusion: Pecan candy is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth in no time. With its simple ingredients and straightforward instructions, this recipe is perfect for both beginners and experienced candy makers alike. So gather your ingredients, turn on the stove, and start making this classic Southern treat today!